- Capacity: 924 cu in. (15.2 L)
- High density, breathable foam-padded back, shoulder straps and hip belt
- Hydration compatible
- Padded front stash flap with left/right compression straps
- Roomy main compartment with three internal accessory pockets
- Large loop zipper pulls for easy use with gloved hands
- Interior lined with ultra-quiet, durable twill fabric
- Sternum strap buckle with emergency whistle
- Three waist pockets for accessory storage
- External attachment loops
- Right side webbing/buckle for securing knife/sidearm.
- Padded front organizer compartment with two accessory pockets and key clip
- Compression foam-molded storage flap protects bow
I used the Gut Hook and this fanny pack is without a doubt the best I have ever used for day hunting when I don’t know for sure if I’m going to be stuck out over night! I can carry everything I need; space blanket, some food, knife, flash lights, sharpening stone, thermacell, lighter, compass, GPS, hydration system, extra broadheads, and a couple of different medicines. Some of the things I found were great about the Gut Hook:
(1) Do you know you can use the Gut Hook for a butt seat, when calling Elk you can take the straps down off of your shoulders and keep you body of the Gut Hook between the bend of your knee and your butt and sit down. You can do this for hours and only movement would be a periodical rising up and take the weight off of your legs and nothing goes to sleep and you can draw your bow very comfortably and shoot.
(2) This is the absolute best system for the bowhunter to carry what they need for the day and yet have something for an overnight stay.
(3) I really like the side strap on the right side of your Gut Hook for putting your bow quiver on the side of your body and out of the way. I’ve found the Quiver mate by E.W.Bateman to be perfect to put my 5 arrow bow quiver from Mathews and attached to my Gut Hook is the best way to carry my arrows and always out of the way and never loosing any arrows. — Jim Miller
More Timber Hawk Gut Hook Testimonials
I don’t know about all their packs but if you’re a fanny pack sort of person their Timber Hawk Gut Hook is unbeatable. Even has a pocket for a 100 ounce water bladder and has enough space to carry 4 large game bags as well as anything else you’d usually carry. – Shaft2Long
Received my Gut Hook today and I am very satisfied with this pack. I will be sure to recomend it when ever I can – Avalanche